We are celebrating the research and creative achievements of our students. Send us your best photos that highlight how you are engaging in research and/or creative endeavors.
All UT Knoxville undergraduate students are invited to participate in the contest. Photos take within the previous 12 months may be submitted.
Submission deadline for the 2017 contest is April 17, 2017.
There are two categories for submissions: you or the subject matter.
- Single Photo Contest – each participant may submit up to three single photos; each photograph must be a separate entry.
- Photos of you conducting research or in the creative activity
- Photos of the subject matter for your research or creative activity
- Fan Favorite competition on our Instagram and Facebook accounts (the photos with the most likes and shares) [We will post these, you cannot directly enter this one].
There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each subcategory plus the fan favorite competition.
- Must be the student’s own work
- Must portray relevance to undergraduate research or creative achievement
- Must be submitted electronically as a JPEG, PNG or TIF file between 2MB and 10MB in size.
- May be altered, provided that alterations (e.g., color correction, cropping, etc.) do not render false or deceitful depictions of the original image.
- Must be accompanied by a date, location, title (or photo graph or series) and caption.
- Photographs that have won other competitions, either online or in print are not eligible for submission.
- We will not consider entries that contain material that (a) is unsuitable, obscene, defamatory, slanderous or libelous; (b) violates human rights and dignity; or (c) promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promote discrimination in any regard.
- The entrant retains all rights; however, grants UT a nonexclusive, royalty free, worldwide license to edit, adapt, reproduce, and publish the photo for any purposes in marketing, advertising, production of publicity and other materials for gift or sale, and in any and all media now known or subsequently developed without attribution, compensation, permission or further notification to the entrant. When possible, photo credit will be provided to the photographer in uses in print..
How to Enter
To enter your photographs please fill out the form below.