Call for 2020 Nominations for Student Representatives from UT
The Office of Undergraduate Research is seeking nominations for undergraduates to share their university research/scholarly experiences with lawmakers in Washington, D.C. for Posters on the Hill in spring 2020.
Hosted by the Council on Undergraduate Research, the event showcases 60 undergraduate students from campuses across the United States.
We are seeking undergraduates from all disciplines who have been significantly involved in the research enterprise of the university either with their own project or through meaningful involvement with an ongoing faculty project. To qualify for participation in this event, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be full-time undergraduates at UTK during the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Research projects must represent a significant investment of time by the student outside of normal course requirements and class projects.
- Research projects must follow the methodology of the appropriate academic discipline.
- The research project must be of sufficient quality to be presented at a professional academic meeting.
If selected by CUR to represent UT, the student(s) will receive:
- Transportation to and from Washington, D.C. for the event
- Hotel and meals
- Meetings with congressional representatives during the event
- Tour of the capitol
- Press release to their local paper
- Two training sessions (poster presentation skills and legislative affairs)
Letters explaining the student’s absence from class for the event will be sent to appropriate instructors upon request.
Faculty nominators are encouraged to request the assistance of their nominee in completing the nomination form. For additional information or questions, please contact Marisa Moazen (email@example.com) in the Office of Undergraduate Research (974-8560, 106 Blount Hall).
The Office of Undergraduate Research is available to assist with your submission for this prestigious event. Contact our office to set-up an appointment.