The Office of Undergraduate Research has purchased a Hashtag Printer for use during EURēCA and Discovery Day. We are making the printer available to other on-campus departments for rental when not in use and can be reserved at a cost of $400 per day (with up to 400 prints per event) using the form below. Payment should be made by departmental transfer. (This is a new program and pricing and terms may change.)
How it Works
- The printer unit is setup along with any props (provided by you). It takes 5-minutes for set-up.
- Attendees take photos with their mobile devices and upload them to social networks (Instagram and Twitter are the only two currently supported) with the appropriate #Hashtag or @Mention.
- The unit monitors the social networks and automatically prints appropriately tagged photos. You have the option to provide a graphic for the bottom of the printer. It must meet the size requirements.The default for the graphic area will have the main University of Tennessee logo on an orange field.
- Attendees can take photos as they please and/or leave them to create a photo wall at the event. Profiles or posts must be public in order to print.
- After the event/campaign, the you will receive an estimated analytics report to see the impact made through social media.
- You must select a single #hashtag and/or @mention for your event.
- The prints are 4”x6” in size.
- Requires strong, continuous wireless access
- Requires 110-volt outlet
- The unit is 48” tall, 15” wide, and 15” deep. It requires 2 foot x 2 foot space for set-up.
- Our office reserves the right to send one staff person to the event to assist and monitor printer use and operation.
- Rental charge includes up to 400 prints. An additional 400 prints may be purchased for $100. We do not typically carry extra paper to an event, so please estimate your expected printer usage ahead of time.
Responsibility of Renter
- The renter agrees this is for a UT campus event, including the UT Conference Center and the Knoxville Convention Center.
- The renter agrees to send one person for training in our office on the use of the printer.
- The renter is responsible for the unit at all times while it is in their possession.
- The renter agrees not to attach any items to the printer, casing, travel case, or stand.
- Unit must be returned by the date and time in the rental agreement.
- Unit returned after the accepted return date will be assessed a $200 per day. This rates changes to $400 per day if the late return affects another rental agreement.
- Damages will be assessed to cover the cost of repair or replacement, up to $8,000 if the entire unit is damaged. These costs will be charged to the departmental account used for the rental.
Your department account will be charged the day of the event. Once we confirm your dates are available, we will provide instructions for picking up and returning the printer.
Hashtag Printer Rental Interest Form
The Printer is available on an as available basis and are not guaranteed by completion of the form below.