This award, given at the Chancellor’s Honors Banquet, honors a student who has shown success and excellence in undergraduate research. The recipient of this award will be a junior or senior student judged to have best demonstrated excellence in undergraduate research through independent inquiry, through classes, and student employment during his/her undergraduate career at the University of Tennessee Knoxville. Students also share their results at undergraduate research events or professional conferences.
Nominations should present evidence of participation in undergraduate research including the project(s) for which the student was involved, the timeframe for each project, and the mentor(s) involved. Nominations should also include a listing of publications first authored or co-authored by the student (if applicable), and a listing of conferences, exhibitions, presentations, showings, performances, awards or scholarships received that were directly related to their undergraduate research participation.
- The student nominee must be a current student of UT Knoxville.
- The student nominee must be a junior or senior.
- Name of nominee
- Reason for Nomination (200 words or less)
- Name and Student Number of nominee
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee in standard format including a complete list of publications, awards, sponsored projects, and other recognition by peers – international, national and regional.
- 200-word short bio of the nominee
- Current photograph (professional-type head shot preferred)
- Submissions will be reviewed by the Undergraduate Research Advisory Council.
- Deadline for online submission is December 6, 2019.
- Recipients will be announced at the Chancellors Honors Banquet.
- Recipients will be recognized during Research Week and on the Undergraduate Research Website.