The University of Tennessee has a strong partnership with Oak Ridge National Lab, a world-class research institution located only 30 minutes from campus. ORNL offers multiple paid internships for undergraduates in a variety of STEM disciplines. Most opportunities take place in the summer, but some are available year round.
Most opportunities are open to US Citizens and Legal Permanent Residents only. Check program pages for any exceptions.
- DOE Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI)
- Higher Education Research Experiences (HERE) for Current Undergraduate Students
- Laboratory Technology Associate Program – Undergraduates
- Nuclear Engineering Science Laboratory Synthesis (NESLS) – Undergraduates
- ORNL Pathways to Computing Internship Program (PCIP)
Below is a general breakdown of the details of some of the internships available to you at ORNL. The availability and requirements for these programs are subject to change, so please check with the individual program for the most up-to-date information.